Shaun Moore Design (training) provides courses in :
- core skills for Art Department Trainees
- skills refresh for the more experienced
Core skills course content [ii]
- Drawing up the set for TV (metric) or film (imperial)
- Detailing, at appropriate scales
- White model and/ or accurate perspective/ visual
The course includes discussions to highlight:
- Health and Safety issues, both general and project specific, insurance and liability
- Risk assessment
- Budget issues, dealing with project costs, and relative costings
- Choice of materials relative to function, budget, maintenance etc
- Scenery handling, and storage
- Props, hire and management, loss and damage
Objectives of the course
- Introduce or reinforce core skills of the art
- Illustrate (to new entrants) the broad scope
of the designer’s role
- Illustrate the art department’s role in the
context of the production
- Raise candidates’ awareness of their
responsibilities, and liabilities
- Help to make candidates more employable!
*Training clients include individual designers,
art directors, and art department assistants
and small groups from:*
- ft2 – www.ft2.org.uk
- Skillset – www.skillset.org
- Scottish Screen – www.scotishscreen.com
- Screen Yorkshire – www.ymtc.co.uk
- South East wales TEC
- MBC Korea
- Educational Broadcasting System Korea
Training led by Shaun Moore MPhil BArch DipArch NVQ Assessor RTS Design Award
Shaun Moore has been teaching for over 20 years, in design for film and television, construction methods, and architecture whilst working throughout as a design practictioner.
- 1997-Current, Director of Shaun Moore Design (training).
- 1997-1998 NVQ D32 Assessor qualification, Skillset
- 1997 Training for Trainers, Skillset, at NFTS Beaconsfield
- 1987-1995 Devised and taught ‘Design for Film and Television’ at Chelsea College of Fine Arts, London.
- 1987-1992 Taught BBC Design Department Induction Courses.
- 1982-1984 Visiting Professor of Architecture, Kansas State University, USA.
- 1979-1984 Tutor, Oxford School of Architecture, Oxford, England
For more detailed information please see Shaun’s Academic Profile.